Do you ever use your blog to share videos you find on sites like Youtube or Vimeo?
There’s a really easy way to embed videos from some of the more popular video hosting sites – just paste the URL of the video.
Until recently, we had to copy and paste the embed code from a site. This can be pretty easy, but there is a much more efficient way of completing the task.
- Locate the video you want to embed on your blog post or page. Copy the URL from your browser’s address bar, at the top of the screen.
- Create a new post/page or edit an existing post/page.
- Click the Text tab in your textbox editor.
- Paste the URL for the video on it’s own line.
- Complete your post/page, making sure to not change the video’s URL or add any other text to the same line.
- Publish your post/page.
Related Article: Adding Images and Multimedia
What sites can I embed from?
Notice that this list is not limited to video hosting sites.
(list taken from this page on the WordPress codex on March 6, 2013.)
- Flickr (both videos and images)
- YouTube (only public videos and playlists – “unlisted” and “private” videos will not embed)
- WordPress.tv (only VideoPress-type videos for the time being)