The upgrade to WordPress 3.1 is complete, and successful.
This is a minor update, including some updates to plugins.
During our upgrade, we not only updated to the latest version of WordPress, but we also updated a number of the plugins on our site.
A few things to note:
Word Twit plugin users
You will need to reauthenticate your account in order to continue using this plugin.
- Log into your Twitter account.
- In another window, log into your blog on blog.ryerson.ca, and go to Settings > WordTwit in the sidebar of your dashboard.
- Click the Sign in With Twitter link. Since you already logged into your Twitter account, WordPress will already know which account to associate.
- Click the Allow button. You will be brought back to the WordTwit settings for your blog. Check to make sure your account is listed there.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update Options.
There is a new default theme: Twentyten!
WordPress has come out with a new default theme that takes advantage of many of the great features that WordPress has been able to support for a while, such as widgets, customizable header and background images.
In addition, it can also make use of the new Menus functionality and other cool things.
Feel free to try it out!!
For info on how to get the most out of WordPress 3.0 and the new Twentyten theme, check out the video below, or check out this post on WordPress.org.